What's Happening at Suhru this May
Spring has Sprung on the North Fork—flowers are in bloom, buds are opening in vineyards across the East End, farm stands have fresh local produce on their shelves, and the warm weather is here to stay! After a long, albeit mild, winter we are excited to reopen our Wine Garden and be able to once again enjoy our wines alfresco!
The team has been busy these past few months, planning an exciting summer full of great events and giving the interior of the Tasting House and our backyard Wine Garden a refresh and a new look.
Memorial Day Weekend is fast approaching and with it, the official beginning of Summer! We have a number of great events happening over the long weekend and carrying through the warm weather months ahead...
Fireside Fridays are back and better than ever!
Loved cozying up by the fire in the wine garden last Fall? Now you can do it all season long! Join us for Fireside Fridays this Memorial through Columbus Day. The Tasting House will be open until 7pm on Friday evenings with our outdoor fire pits lit at 4PM (weather permitting). Merlot Dark Chocolate S'mores Plates available Fridays only!
The Return of the Lobster Roll
The Summer Season has arrived and with it Lobster Rolls! Join us for Lobster Roll Sliders and a glass of wine, available Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at the Tasting House Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend.
Annual Oysters & Wine
We are thrilled to once again be hosting Southold Bay Oysters on the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend! Enjoy freshly shucked oysters, along with the full Suhru menu from 1-5pm on Sunday, May 28th.
More Great Events to Be Aware of:
- Weekly Happy Hour, every Wednesday and Thursday afternoon from 3-6pm join us for $8 glasses of white and rosé wines, $10 glasses of red, and a weekly food special!
- Sunday, May 14th we are hosting our Annual Wildflowers & Wine event with our friends at Nerdling Acres, seating is limited and tickets are going fast so be sure to grab your soon!
- Find us on the grounds of the Three Village Historical Society every other Friday from 3-7pm in June - October. Sue will be showcasing a selection of our white, rosé and red wines each week available for taste and to purchase by the bottle.
- Watercolors & Wine Workshop—enjoy a glass of Suhru wine while painting a North Fork Coastal seashell in this immersive workshop with local watercolor artist Melissa Hyatt.
- Two Truths & a Lie: Palate Training 101—put your palate to the test with this immersive tasting experience diving into a variety of styles and flavors. Don’t let yourself be swayed by the power of suggestion. In this 90 minute class you will become a detective for the day as we will taste 3 different styles of wines, each paired with 3 flavor pairings. Can you decipher which of the flavors and aromas exist in your glass and which is the imposter?
- Save the Date: Labor Day Weekend Oysters & Wine, reservations coming soon!