Tasting Room Associate
Part Time Position—Join our passionate, knowledgeable, wine-loving team at Suhru Wines! Tasting Room Associates work closely with our great team at our intimate tasting house in Cutchogue, to provide a friendly, enjoyable, and informative experience for all. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: conducting table side wine tastings, wine sales, providing guests with tasting notes and information on our wines, winemaking process, and region, encouraging Wine Club sign ups, and maintaining the tasting house. All applicants must be willing to work holidays and weekends. Competitive hourly wage, plus tips, commission, and other incentives.
- Maintain a friendly, welcoming demeanor, while providing quality hospitality and service.
- Provide information and education on our wines, region, and winemaking practices.
- Conduct wine tasting, prepare food, provide bottle service, and complete transactions.
- Encourage Wine Club sign ups and bottle sales.
- Conduct opening and closing procedures, which include but are not limited to: stocking wine & supplies, cleaning, setup and breakdown, and all tasks related to Tasting Room.
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards of work ethic and hospitality.
- Tasting Room, Wine, or Hospitality experience is a plus.
- Must be able to discuss our wines, the winemaking process, our region, and act as a steward for our brand and region as well as a resource for guests.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Fluent in English.
- 21+ years of age, legal age to taste and pour wines.
- Ability to work at least one Saturday or Sunday per weekend and holiday weekends.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 7 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (weight of a case of wine).
All candidates must be available weekends and holidays from May thru October. Resumes and Cover Letters should be sent to email@example.com, with the Subject Line "Tasting Room Associate Application"