Join the Suhru Wines Team!
Suhru Wines is looking for friendly, energetic wine-lovers to help us spread the love of wine! At Suhru everyone is treated like family, we strive to provide the highest level of customer service to our guests while presenting a warm and welcoming environment! Our staff is invited to participate in monthly staff trainings including winery tours, vineyard walks, blind tastings and more.
Tasting Room Associate (Full or Part-Time)
We are looking for motivated, passionate, wine-loving individuals to join our tasting house team for the 2021 season! You will be working at our intimate tasting house in Cutchogue, interacting directly with customers and working closely with co-workers to provide a positive and informative experience for our guests. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: conducting table side wine tastings, wine sales, providing information to guests on the wines, winemaking process, and region, and encouraging Wine Club signups, and maintaining the tasting house. Weekends and holidays are required. Competitive hourly wage, plus tips, commission, and other incentives.
- Maintain a friendly, welcoming demeanor with guests, while providing the utmost level of hopsitality and service.
- Knowledgable about our wines, story, region, and winemaking practice and be able to discuss these topics and answer questions as needed.
- Conduct wine tasting, prepare food, provide bottle service, and complete transactions.
- Encourage Wine Club signups and bottle sales.
- Conduct opening and closing procedures, which includes but is not limited to: stocking wine & supplies, cleaning, setup and breakdown, and all tasks related to Tasting Room.
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards of work ethic and hospitality.
- Tasting Room, Wine or Hospitality experience a plus. Tasting House Associate must be able to accurately discuss our wines, the winemaking process, our region, and act as a resource for guests and staff.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand and walk for, up to 7 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (weight of a case of wine).
All candidates must be available weekends and holidays from May thru October. Resumes and Cover Letters should be sent to email@example.com, with the Subject Line "Tasting Room Associate Application"