Join the Suhru Wines Team!
Suhru Wines is looking for friendly, energetic wine-lovers to help us spread the love of wine! At Suhru everyone is treated like family, we strive to provide the highest level of customer service to our guests while presenting a warm and welcoming environment!
Tasting Room Associate (Full or Part-Time)
We are looking for hard-working, fun, wine-loving individuals to join our team for the 2021 season! Under the Supervision on the Tasting House Manager and Captain, Tasting Room Associates are the faces of Suhru. Associates are responsible for providing hospitality and service to guests, striving to provide the best possible experience to all guests, sharing wine knowledge, developing relationships with guests and Club members, and ensuring an enjoyable tasting experience for all.
- Maintain a friendly, welcoming demeanor with guests, while providing the utmost level of hopsitality and service.
- Knowledgable about our wines, story, region, and winemaking practice and be able to discuss these topics and answer questions as needed.
- Conduct wine tasting, prepare food, provide bottle service, and transactions.
- Encourage Wine Club signups and bottle sales.
- Conduct opening and closing procedures, which includes but is not limited to: stocking wine & supplies, cleaning, setup and breakdown, and all tasks related to Tasting Room
- Occasional VIP or off-site tastings
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards of work ethic and hospitality.
- Tasting Room, Wine or Hospitality experience a plus. Tasting House Associate must be able to accurately discuss our wines, the winemaking process, our region, and act as a resource for guests and staff.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills, poise and tact.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and flexible schedules.
- Ability to stand and walk for, up to 7 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds (weight of a case of wine) repeatedly.
- Must be able to effectively stock wine and non-wine merchandise, set-up and break down structures, tables, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and other equipment to assist in moving heavy objects.
All candidates must be available weekends and holidays from May thru October. Resumes and Cover Letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Line "Tasting Room Associate Application"