Smoked Salmon Endie
December 13, 2022
Quarterly throughout the year we invite our Wine Club Members to join us for a tasting of the featured Club Selection Wines paired with a selection of small bites—this recipe pairing comes from the December 2022 Wine Club tasting event and was paired with our 2021 Sauvignon Blanc.
- 3 endives, large
- 1 package smoked salmon
- 2 goat cheese logs (plain or lemon infused)
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- Chop off the bottom of your endive and separate the leaves being careful to keep the leaves whole. Wash endive leaves, pat dry, and set aside to dry completely.
- To prepare the lemon dill sauce, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, dill, mustard and salt in a glass jar. Whisk well to combine. Stream in the oil while whisking. Add additional lemon juice if you prefer a tangier dressing and more salt, to taste. Set aside.
- Once your endives are fully dry, arrange them on a platter, relatively close together so they don't tip over. Once arranged, fill each leaf half way full with crumbled goat cheese. Top the goat cheese with shredded smoked salmon so you have a nice healthy layer of salmon covering the goat cheese.
- Note: if you are preparing the dish in advance, at this point cover the platter and place in the refrigerator for up to an hour prior to serving.
- When ready to serve, drizzle lemon dill sauce over the top of each endive bite and garnish with freshly chopped dill.
- Serve with a bottle of Suhru Sauvignon Blanc and enjoy!
Chefs Tip: For an added burst of flavor, purchase dill or pepper crusted smoked salmon to add an additional level of flavor to your appetizer.