Cheddar Prosciutto Crostini
December 13, 2022
Quarterly throughout the year we invite our Wine Club Members to join us for a tasting of the featured Club Selection Wines paired with a selection of small bites—this recipe pairing comes from the December 2022 Wine Club tasting event and was paired with our 2019 Ember.
- 1 baguette
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 1 lb Goodale Farms Reserve Aged Cheddar
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 1 lb prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- While the oven is preheating, slice your baguette on an angle across into half inch slices (you should get approximately 20 slices per standard baguette).
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet. Lightly drizzle one side with olive oil and top with a light dusting of freshly ground sea salt. Toast in the oven until your crostini are just starting to brown, roughly 5-10 minutes.
- While the crostinis are toasting, prepare your crostini ingredients for assembly by: cutting or chipping your block of Goodale Aged Cheddar into medium pieces; washing, drying and removing the leaves from your thyme stems; and separating your pieces of prosciutto.
- Once crostinis have toasted, remove the baking sheet from the oven and set your oven to broil.
- Top each crostini with one piece of cheddar and place in the oven on broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese begins to melt.
- Once cheese is melting, remove from the oven and arrange crostinis on a serving platter.
- Top each crostini with a few fresh thyme leaves, followed by a piece of prosciutto. Drizzle with local honey and top with a healthy sprinkle of fresh thyme.
- Serve with a bottle of Suhru Ember or Cabernet Franc and enjoy!