December 19, 2022
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 6 ozs softened sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 ozs raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsps cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sour cream until just well blended (15-20 seconds). Add flour and mix on low speed.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts, flatten each into a rectangle roughly 6x4 inches. Wrap each in plastic and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour (can be chilled for up to 1 week if making an advance).
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and let warm slightly. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, set aside.
- Generously flour the counter and your rolling pin as well as the top of the unwrapped piece of dough and roll the dough out to a rectangle approximately 1/8 inch thick. Brush the excess flour from the dough and turn the long edge of the dough towards you.
- Leaving a 1/4 inch border, spread each rectangle of dough with a layer of jam.
- Along the edge of the jam on the long side of the dough, place a line of raisins.
- Sprinkle the jam with 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar and 2 1/2 tbsp crushed walnuts.
- Starting at the raisin edge, roll the dough, gently tucking and tightening as you go. Finish with the seam of the roll facing down (important!) and cut the roll into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Brush water or melted butter on top of each piece and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the bottoms are light golden brown and enjoy!