Grilled Shrimp Bake
May 30, 2022
Nothing says summer like shrimp on the BBQ! Pair it with a nice, chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio and you have quite the quintessential summer evening! This recipe has quickly become a summer staple in our household and one that is sure to make a splash this summer at a BBQ because it has all the wow factor with very little work! This delicious dinner is fast and easy for a mid-week meal and with no mess and quick and simple cleanup, it is quickly becoming one of my favorites! I have long been a fan of the Cajun/Louisiana Crawfish Boil, and while not quite the same, this 30 minute recipe is a close second! But don't take my word for it, try it with a bottle of Pinot Grigio and prepare for an all around excellent evening!
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 smoked andouille sausages, thinly sliced
- 4 ears corn, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 lb red bliss potatoes, chopped into 1-in pieces
- 4 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsps Old Bay seasoning
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 lemons, sliced into quarter wedges
- 4 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps parsley, freshly chopped
- Old Bay Hot Sauce (optional)
- Preheat grill over high heat, or preheat oven to 425°.
- While the grill/oven is heating up tear 4 sheets of aluminum foil (approximately 14 inches long each).
- Divide cut potatoes, quartered corn, sliced sausages and rinsed shrimp evenly between the 4 foil sheets.
- Onto each of the 4 potato, corn, sausage, shrimp combos, drizzle 1 tbsp of oil, 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning, 2 pressed garlic cloves, and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine until all contents are coated evenly with seasoning.
- Top each mixture with a squeeze of 1 quarter lemon and 1 tbsp butter.
- Fold aluminum foil into a long boat, crimping all seams closed.
- Place each boat on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Open all foil boats and tip contents into a large bowl. Top with chopped parsley. Serve with remaining lemon wedges, Old Bay Hot Sauce (optional for extra spice), and a chilled bottle of Suhru Pinot Grigio!