Holiday Wine & Cheese Virtual Tasting
Sunday, December 6th
A Trio of Wine & Artisan Cheeses, plus a Virtual Tasting Invitation
- Orders must be placed by Monday, November 30th for items to arrive on time for the virtual tasting
- To ship to NY, MA, & FL proceed to checkout. To ship to all other states, click here. Please note, wine and cheese will arrive separately. Cheese purchased separately.
In celebration of winter and the holidays, we have partnered with our friends at Cheese Grotto to put together a Virtual Wine & Cheese Tasting on Sunday, December 6th from 5:30 to 6:30pm EST! We'll be focusing on rich, winter cheeses that pair beautifully with sparkling wines & seasonal reds.
With your purchase you will receive an invitation to join our Virtual Tasting, hosted by Shelby Hearn of Suhru Wines and Jessica Sennett the founder of Cheese Grotto. During this Zoom Virtual Tasting we will walk you through each of the three wine and cheese pairings, giving you a little background on each of the items you are tasting, and discussing how the flavors compliment and more.
The Tasting will include:
- One (1) bottle of each of the following Suhru wines: Brut, T'Jara Merlot, and *New Release* Teroldego
- A trio of Cheeses (purchased separately, to order click here) 1 5oz Wheel of Decadent Spruce-Bark Wrapped Harbison, 1 6oz Wedge of Appalachian, and 1 6oz Wedge Mountaineer Alpine Cheese, and Crackers
- Private Zoom link for the Tasting Event
- Digital tasting literature on the pairings and recommended accompaniments for your cheese board.
- Digital tasting workbook
More About Cheese Grotto:
Drawing from both ancient cheese wisdom and contemporary technology, the Cheese Grotto allows you to create an optimal cheese storage climate right in your own kitchen. The Cheese Grotto is designed to be enjoyable to use, beautiful to look at, and durable enough to last a lifetime.
More about the Cheeses
We're highlighting Jasper Hill Farm's mini-format Harbison: a decadent, spreadable bloomy rind cheese wrapped spruce bark. The spruce bark lends a signature smoky, woodsy note to the final cheese that is gorgeous as a main course with roasted vegetables or as a dessert with fruit compote.
We're also highlighting gorgeous, seasonal raw milk cheeses from Meadowcreek Dairy. Appalachian is a smooth, semi-firm cheese that is an excellent melting cheese for savory dishes as we as served on a cheeseboard with cured meats and pickled vegetables.
Meadowcreek's Mountaineer takes after a dense, nutty alpine-style cheese that will become your American artisan classic for Gruyere, Beaufort, or Comte cheese.